ULI Washington YLG Committee Member
ULI Washington YLG Committee Member
Applications for FY 21 are currently being reviewed. If opportunities remain available, we will accept applications on a rolling basis through July 31st at which time we will review and fill any remaining slots.
The ULI Washington Young Leaders Group (YLG) Committees are comprised of top-talent young professionals who are actively involved in shaping the built environment and the future of the commercial real estate industry. YLG Committees are responsible for organizing and hosting various education, networking, community service, and social events for the Washington, DC region’s real estate community.
ULI YLG is looking for top candidates for the following committees:
- Community Service – Through the Young Leaders Community Service Committee, ULI Washington provides meaningful ways for its members to connect and network while making a positive impact in their communities through curated volunteer events around the region. The committee organizes approximately 8-10 events each year benefitting a diverse group of local nonprofit organizations and the people they serve, and events are dispersed across DC, MD, and VA. In the past year, we’ve partnered with DC Central Kitchen, 11th Street Bridge Park, Community of Hope, Miracle League of Alexandria, Interfaith Works, and Samaritan Inns, to name a few.
- Education – The Education Committee is tasked with providing compelling and pertinent content with an educational focus for the young leaders of ULI Washington, which also appeal to the full ULI Washington membership. This is accomplished through hosting panel discussions (over breakfast) which provide a focused look at timely and relevant topics within DC real estate. The committee plans each event, which includes identifying experienced panelists (three to five for each event), coordinating venue logistics, and creating the marketing materials.
- Membership Engagement – The goal of the Membership Engagement Committee is to provide a positive member experience by cultivating strong relationships with the membership base to ensure they remain engaged. This committee also seeks to identify and award future leaders who want to increase their ULI involvement and ultimately assume a leadership position within ULI by offering a scholarship program.
- Mentorship – (Committee members must have participated in the Mentorship program for a minimum of one year.)
The Mentorship Committee’s primary focus is supporting the Mentorship Program in its mission to provide opportunities for Young Leaders (ULI members under age 35) and seasoned ULI members to connect, grow, and create lasting relationships by sharing their knowledge and experiences in a group atmosphere of confidentiality, trust, and respect.
- Programs – The ULI YLG Programs Committee is responsible for hosting exciting real estate events centered around learning, networking and socializing. The Committee organizes tours of DC’s most impactful developments via boat, bike, or foot as well as panel discussions, expos, and experiential events that “don’t quite fit the mold”. Programs is geared towards showcasing top real estate industry trends and providing first access to the region’s highest-profile project.
- Real Estate 101 – The Real Estate 101 Committee’s goal is to help entry-level and up-and-coming professionals better understand foundational topics. The Committee organizes interactive panel discussions featuring leaders in the DC commercial real estate community. The 2018 Committee hosted a four-part series called “Too Afraid to Ask“ where our featured speakers like Peter Carroccio (Managing Principal, Cushman & Wakefield) and Stephanie Rath (SVP, Bozzuto) walked audience members through the lifecycle of a deal: from pre-acquisition to development to lease-up to disposition of a real estate asset.
- Special Events – The goal of the Special Events Committee is to organize two highly attended events for ULI each year. The first is “Trivia Night” which typically occurs in the Fall and raises funds for the Community of Hope Charity. The second is “Learn from the Best” which recruits the industry’s leaders and market movers for a speed-networking night with ULI’s Young Leaders.
Committees require each committee member to commit to attending monthly meetings and participate in sub-committee activities and assignment. More information on these committees, their mission, and target size is available on the Washington YLG program page here.
Thank you for your interest in getting involved with ULI Washington. Please complete the form below to apply for a position on the committee for a one-year term concurrent with ULI’s 2021 fiscal year (July 1, 2020 to June 30, 2021). ULI Washington’s leadership will review your application, determine your eligibility, and confirm your seat on a committee. The application period closes on June 5, 2020.
All applicants must be ULI Members. If you are already on a YLG committee and wish to remain for the 2020/2021 program, please fill out the application to express your continued interest. The application pulls information from your ULI member profile. If any of the information is incorrect, please make sure to update the information in your profile here.
ULI YLG Committees are a dedicated group of rising professionals with diverse experience and a passion for networking, sharing knowledge, supporting professional development and giving back to both their profession and communities.
Diversity and Inclusion Initiative
A key objective of ULI Washington is to increase diversity and inclusion in our organization and in the real estate and land use industries. We believe diversifying our membership, raising the profile of our diverse members, and welcoming their different perspectives allows us to better fulfill ULI’s mission of creating and sustaining thriving, resilient, and equitable communities.
Members only. Due to the limited number of spaces available, applying does not guarantee a spot on a committee.