ULI Washington YLG Committee Member
ULI Washington YLG Committee Member
The ULI Washington Young Leaders Group (YLG) Committees are comprised of top-talent young professionals under the age of 35 who are actively involved in shaping the built environment and the future of the commercial real estate industry. YLG Committees are responsible for organizing and hosting various education, networking, community service, and social events for the Washington, DC region’s real estate community.
ULI YLG is looking for top candidates for the following committees:
- Community Service – Through the Young Leaders Community Service Committee, ULI Washington provides meaningful ways for its members to connect and network while making a positive impact in their communities through curated volunteer events around the region. The committee organizes approximately 8-10 events each year benefitting a diverse group of local nonprofit organizations and the people they serve, and events are dispersed across DC, MD, and VA. In recent years, we’ve partnered with DC Central Kitchen, Martha’s Table, 11th Street Bridge Park, Community of Hope, Miracle League of Alexandria, Interfaith Works, and Samaritan Inns, to name a few.
- Education – The Education Committee is tasked with providing compelling and pertinent content with an educational focus for the young leaders of ULI Washington, which also appeals to the full ULI Washington membership. This is accomplished through hosting panel discussions that provide a focused look at timely and relevant topics within DC real estate. The committee plans each event, which includes identifying experienced panelists (three to five for each event), coordinating venue logistics, and creating the marketing materials.
- Membership Engagement – The goal of the Membership Engagement Committee is to provide a positive member experience by cultivating strong relationships with the membership base to ensure they remain engaged. This committee also seeks to identify future leaders who want to increase their ULI involvement and ultimately assume a leadership position within ULI.
- Mentorship – (Committee members must have participated in the Mentorship program for a minimum of one year.)
The Mentorship Committee’s primary focus is supporting the Mentorship Program in its mission to provide opportunities for Young Leaders and seasoned ULI members to connect, grow, and create lasting relationships by sharing their knowledge and experiences in a group atmosphere of confidentiality, trust, and respect.
- Programs – The ULI YLG Programs Committee is responsible for hosting exciting real estate events centered around learning, networking, and socializing. The Committee organizes tours of DC’s most impactful developments via boat, bike, or foot as well as panel discussions, expos, and experiential events that “don’t quite fit the mold”. Programs are geared towards showcasing top real estate industry trends and providing first access to the region’s highest-profile project.
- Special Events – The goal of the Special Events Committee is to organize two highly attended events for ULI each year. The first is “Trivia Night” which typically occurs in the Fall and raises funds for the Community of Hope Charity. The second is “Learn from the Best” which recruits the industry’s leaders and market movers for a speed-networking night with ULI’s Young Leaders.
Committees require each committee member to commit to attending monthly meetings and participate in sub-committee activities and assignments. More information on these committees, their mission, and target size is available on the Washington YLG program page here. It is expected that anyone expressing interest in a ULI Washington committee maintains their ULI Washington membership status for the duration of their time on that committee.
Thank you for your interest in getting involved with ULI Washington. Please complete the form below to apply for a position on the committee for a one-year term concurrent with ULI’s 2023-2024 fiscal year (July 1, 2023 to June 30, 2024). ULI Washington’s leadership will review your application, determine your eligibility, and confirm your seat on a committee. The application period closes on May 31, 2023.
The application pulls information from your ULI member profile. If any of the information is incorrect, please make sure to update the information in your profile here.
ULI YLG Committees are a dedicated group of rising professionals with diverse experience and a passion for networking, sharing knowledge, supporting professional development and giving back to both their profession and communities.
Diversity and Inclusion Initiative
ULI Washington is committed to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in our organization and the real estate and land use industry. To help us identify areas in need of greater representation, track progress, and improve overall member engagement, we strongly encourage you to update your demographic information on file – it takes only 2 minutes! To do so: review your Account Information, select your date of birth, gender, ethnicity, and race (select all that apply), update any other information that is out of date (title, company, contact info, etc.), and click Save at the bottom of the page.
Members only. Due to the limited number of spaces available, applying does not guarantee a spot on a committee.